Looking Forward: SEO Trends for 2017
With the new year comes a plethora of SEO trends to watch out for in 2017. To make sure businesses and marketers are putting their best foot forward, they must stay ahead of the curve when it comes to search engine optimization—after all, these practices are constantly changing! From an analysis of what's popular now and looking at where digital marketing is headed this upcoming year, we cover some key tips that will help you gain invaluable insights into how top websites rank well today.
1. Mobile optimization - As users increasingly access the internet on mobile devices, it's become critical for businesses to equip their websites with mobile-friendly features. SEO experts have been stressing its importance for some time now, but in 2017, this trend is forecasted to reach a whole new level as Google search results prioritize sites that are optimized for cell phones and tablets. Don't get left behind—be sure your website stays ahead of the curve!
2. Voice search - The increasing popularity of voice search technology is revolutionizing the way businesses need to optimize content for their customers. Instead of simple, keyword-based searches, people are now able to ask complete conversational questions and expect relevant results—a challenge that requires companies to rethink how they present their information online!
3. User experience - UX is set to become a major player in SEO this year. Google upped the ante, prioritizing sites with great user experiences—and they're not done yet! In 2017, businesses need to ensure their websites are easy-to-use and visually appealing if they want to stay ahead of the game. Not only will this help them win over customers, but it will also help them reach those all-important ranking spots on search engine results pages (SERPs).
4. Rich snippets - Rich snippets are essential additions to online search results that provide users with a glimpse of information beyond the website or content description. Ratings, reviews, and prices can all be displayed in these eye-catching highlights, increasing click-through rates while enhancing user engagement. In 2017, businesses should make sure their presence is felt by utilizing this smart technique for making their search engine appearances stand out from the crowd!
5. Video content - As the power of video content continues to grow, 2017 is set to be a pivotal year for businesses wanting success online. With increased engagement and time spent on site, plus improved search rankings, it's clear that those who incorporate this dynamic medium into their SEO strategies are in pole position for maximum visibility across all channels.
6. Social media - With the ever-changing algorithms behemoth search engines employ, it has become a tricky game for businesses to rank well and stay on top. While SEO needs more than just engaging posts and keywords, social media can still play an important role in rankings! In 2017, companies should aim to create content that not only helps them score higher in natural searches but also encourages users to engage with (likes and shares), allowing their work visibility through social signals, which ultimately boosts traffic and eventually leads to the desired effect of ranking high!
7. Personalization - In 2017, personalization is expected to become the norm in marketing. Google has already caught onto this trend by customizing search results based on a user's data, and that momentum won't be slowing down any time soon! If you want your brand to stay ahead of the curve, it's time to start crafting content with individual customers in mind—after all, connecting with them directly could prove invaluable for business growth.
To stay ahead of the competition, businesses must use cutting-edge SEO tools and techniques. In 2017, mobile optimization, voice search capability, enhancing the user experience through rich snippets and video content, as well as leveraging social media for more targeted personalization, are all key elements to improving rankings on SERPs (search engine results pages) while driving increased engagement with visitors.